Proceedings will take place in a Special Issue of the journal ADVANCES IN MATHEMATICS OF COMMUNICATIONS (Edited by The American Institute of Mathematical Sciences) https://www.aimsciences.org/journal/1930-5346
This Special Issue aims to provide an overview of recent advances in algebraic coding theory and cryptography, focusing on the algebraic and combinatorial aspects of codes and cryptography over finite fields. We emphasize this interdisciplinary connection since many good error-correcting codes have attractive algebraic or combinatorial counterparts, which gives rise to powerful tools for classifying, characterizing, designing, and investigating certain types of codes.
# Organizing committee
Alexis Bonnecaze (I2M, Aix-Marseille Univ), Sihem Mesnager (LAGA, Univ Paris VIII, Patrick Solé (I2M, Aix-Marseille Univ).
# Invited Speakers
– Lilya Budaghyan, Bergen University, Norway.
– Stefka Buyuklieva, Veliko Tarnovo University, Bulgaria.
– Camilla Hollanti, Aalto University, Finland.
– Sascha Kurz, Bayreuth University, Germany.
– Itzhak (Zachi) Tamo, Tel-Aviv University, Israel.
# Call for Papers
We, welcome original mathematically-oriented contributions on the following (non-exhaustive list of) topics:
• Secret-key cryptography (block ciphers, stream ciphers, hash functions)
• Public-key cryptography (protocols, digital signatures, encryption)
• Design of cryptographic schemes
• Information theory
• Post-quantum cryptography
• Lightweight Cryptography
• Elliptic curves, Lattices, Lattice-based cryptography, Code-based cryptography
• Boolean functions for coding theory and symmetric cryptography
• Coding theory (Algebraic Coding Theory, Combinatorial Coding Theory, Quantum Codes, Decoding algorithms, etc.)
• Coding for Communications (Convolutional and Turbo Codes, LDPC Codes, Polar Codes, Rank Modulation Codes, Reed-Solomon, etc.)
• Geometric codes (MDS codes, evaluation codes, Goppa codes, etc).
• Distributed Storage (locally recoverable/repairable/decodable codes)
• Algebraic codes (group codes, cyclic codes, dihedral codes, abelian codes, quasi-cyclic codes, etc.)
• Combinatorial codes (Self-dual codes, minimal codes, Network Coding (Rank metric codes, Subspace codes, Subspace Designs etc.)
• White-box cryptography, Boolean masking, Side-Channel Attacks
• Interactions between coding theory and cryptography, Discrete mathematics and algorithmic tools in all these areas
# Program committee
Alexis Bonnecaze (Aix-Marseille University)
Eimear Byrne (University College Dublin)
Nadia El Mrabet (Mines Saint-Etiennes, Gardanne)
Philippe Gaborit (Universit\’e de Limoges)
Sihem Mesnager (Universities of Paris VIII and Paris XIII)
Buket Özkaya (Nanyang Technological University)
Patrick Solé (CNRS-AMU)
Alfred Wassermann (Bayreuth University)