Advanced research in scientific calculation or Centre d’Eté Mathématique de Recherche Avancée en Calcul Scientifique
Virginie Ehrlacher (École des Ponts ParisTech & Inria-Paris, France)
The goal of this event is to bring together scientists from both the academic and industrial communities to work and discuss on focused topics. The program includes:
- 1-week summer school (July 19-23)
- 5-week research session on projects proposed by academic scientists and/or industrial partners (July 26-August 27)
Participants may register to the summer school only or to the entire program. Junior participants may apply for fellowships to cover part or the whole stay.
A significant challenge arising in increasingly many modern applications is how to blend complex mathematical models, often based on differential or integral equations, with the large and, possibly, noisy data sets which are now routinely available in many fields of engineering, science and technology. Growing efforts are made to develop a coherent mathematical framework where one of the main obstructions is the high dimensionality of the involved mathematical objects, which requires efficient sampling or optimization techniques for large-scale problems and, possibly, model order reduction strategies. The CEMRACS 2021 will be devoted to this topic of data assimilation and model reduction in high-dimensional problems. It is by nature interdisciplinary, not only by the amount of the different mathematical skills that need to be invoked, but also by the detailed knowledge that each specific application requires.
Final format of the summer school: HYBRID:
- Everybody is welcome to come to CIRM to follow the summer school.
- If you cannot go to CIRM or you do not feel safe, you will be able to follow via Big Blue Button after registration.
- We particularly encourage project participants to attend physically
- Some speakers will go to CIRM, others will do a remote presentation.
- We are going to adapt registration fees according to the hybrid format.
Final format of the research session: FULLY ON-SITE:
- Unless sudden sanitary measures are taken, the event is confirmed and will take place fully on site.
- All payments will take place in July and August.
Check here the sanitary measures that we will have.